Why Choose FountNursery?
Staff, parents, local people and even the children will agree that there is something special about FountNursery. Founders, Rachel and Elena, have gone above and beyond in creating a calm, creative and nurturing environment, really ensuring the setting stands out from the rest.
Since opening in 2015, each day provides something different for the children to learn from; whether that’s educational – but fun – workshops, outings, activities, vintage toys or visits from storytellers, artists or even the local dentist.
Boasting not one, but two, commissioned canvas playgrounds, the children have stimulating natural play areas outside to venture to when the sun appears. That is, of course, when they’re not visiting local museums, parks, libraries and farms. Not only does this help with their confidence and communication skills, but it encourages them to think about the environment around them.
Staff encourage children to use their emotions when describing things and activities are often child-led.
The children also take part in regular cooking activities, supported by FountNursery’s very own in house chef, such as:
– making homemade pizza
– baking cakes and biscuits to take home
– buying fresh fruit and vegetables from the local greengrocers to make smoothies with.
It is believed that this will boost their confidence, as well as their understanding of nutrition. Rest assured, the only ‘smiley faces’ at mealtimes are on the children’s faces, not on their plates.
In short, it is FountNursery’s aim to remove the ‘Guilt Cloud’ for parents and bring those special touches to the children’s experience. So, while mums and dads are at work, they know their child/children is/are having a wonderful experience.
FountNursery lies in the heart of community hub and start-up accelerator, FountLondon. The business ethos is to use local people and businesses to create a sense of community, a sense of family. Therefore, creating a true home-from-home experience for each child.
FountNursery is nestled nicely into FountLondon’s tagline: EAT-PLAY-SHOP-WORK-EVENTS. At each site, you’ll find a space for each aspect, as well as childcare, which is truly the hub of each location. This is a unique and intergenerational experience for each child, parent and family.
FountHackney is located close by to London Fields and Hackney Central – a haven for freelance parents and families. FountShoreditch is situated on the busy Shoreditch High Street and the nursery space is perfect for working parents heading into the city each day.
Having built upon the theoretical and philosophical Early Years education practices, the nursery crafts a unique experience for your child. At each setting, children are free to express themselves through a variety of indoor and outdoor activities, outings and experiences.
Things to Consider when Choosing a Nursery:
- Is the setting welcoming?
- What qualifications do staff have?
- Do the nursery operate with a key person system?
- On a daily basis, is fresh food cooked?
- Is there variety in the menu?
- Are extra activities provided?
- Are children taken out of the setting on a daily basis?
- Do staff seem engaged and connected with children?
- Do children appear happy and contented?
- What was the result of their most recent Ofsted inspection?
- How often does the nursery communicate with parents?
- Does the nursery offer Parent’s Evenings?
- What curriculum does the nursery follow?