At FountNursery, it is our mission to make a positive impact on children, families and staff. We bet each adult reading this will remember their first nursery/teacher who makes their experience of Early Years education stand out. We want to be that setting for the children who attend FountNursery; providing the highest quality care and education for each child every day.
We aim to:
- nurture each child’s individuality, unique qualities, potential and interests.
- support families, parents and guardians.
- create an environment that is stimulating, fun and enjoyable for children.
- build family-friendly workplaces based around community needs and desires.
- encourage positive communications between childcare settings and parents/guardians.
We aspire to do all of the above so successfully that we make a difference in the lives of children, families and the communities where we live and work.
The priority for us (not just limited to the organisation, but the staff too) is to create a home from home for our children; using many different childcare techniques to ensure that every child’s experience at FountNursery is a positive one.
We recognise that children need to have secure relationships with adults in order to flourish. FountNursery employees are all qualified, passionate and enthusiastic about our setting.
Each member of staff will bring an additional quality or skill to the nursery. For example, dance abilities, a passion for science, an interest in cooking, the ability to speak another language. We feel like this adds something extra to your child’s time at FountNursery.
Central to this is our belief that each child is unique and has a talent that will be nurtured throughout our time at our setting.
If your child attends FountNursery – Hackney, we encourage that the children leave the nursery to experience the local environment. We take local trips to:
- London Fields
- Victoria Park
- Hackney City Farm
- Hackney Library
- V&A Childhood Museum
Unfortunately, due to safety, children attending FountKids will be unable to leave the setting for regular outings. However, they do have a designated outside area to ensure they still get to explore!
We have created spaces for children to be active and to rest, both inside and outside. We follow the Government’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. Children will experience several areas of learning throughout their time at FountNursery across both indoor activities and garden activities. Both spaces have been created to factor in sensory and educational experiences.
Our unique approach is inspired by the best philosophical practices within the Early Years field, for example:
- Maria Montessori: who believed in creating children who are independent and self- sufficient.
- The Reggio Emilia approach: which builds on children’s creativity where they take a lead in their learning and development.
- Theorists such as Susan Isaac and Fredrick Frobel: who recognised the importance of play, in developing children who are grounded in their emotional health and well being.
At FountNursery, relationships matter to us. We aim to build a positive and professional relationship with you, and your child, throughout your time with us. When your child starts at FountNursery they will be allocated a key person. Your child’s key person will welcome you, and help you and your child settle into the nursery. At the end of every day, your child’s key person will offer feedback to advise you of your child’s development and progress. This can also be tracked using Parentzone.